Sunday, August 31, 2014

A NEW LANGUAGE. NEW CHRISTIAN?

I have been studying Spanish for some time and recently began studying Arabic.  I have discovered, as with any language, especially Arabic, you must deeply examine the language within its historical heritage and cultural context.  You must dummy up in order to start from the beginning.  There is no direct correlation between English (my 1st language) and Arabic.  It requires learning a completely new manner of alphabet, verbs, phrases, culture and more.  It even requires studying abroad in an atmosphere in which the language is spoken.  

Although learning a new language is a process which takes place on an intellectual level, something about it paints a picture of the process which began on a spiritual level when I gave my life to Jesus.  I began to deeply examine God's word through the historical heritage and the context of scripture.  I had to humble down and admit that I was a sinner in need of a savior.  In a sense, I had to dummy up and start from the beginning. There is no correlation between sin (the darkness of my past) and the righteousness (the light of my future).  It required me to begin from the inside out, learning a completely new manner of understanding, attitudes, confession and total way of life.  Just as with a new language requires the change of atmosphere, so does growing in the things of God.  Find yourself a church where God's word is proclaimed.   Surround yourself with others of like understanding, attitudes, who are confessing these truths and living their lives for God!

A difference between the process of learning a new language and growing in the power of an everyday life in Christ is that the Holy Spirit is right here, inside of me, enabling me to increase in the learning, understanding and living of God's word!  He is my interpreter!  Yes, I was granted salvation, love and a  relationship with Christ at the time of confession and belief that He is my Lord.  However, in order to thrive in my relationship with Him, I must remain ever-learning, growing, speaking and living in this new way; else I lose that first love which I gained. 

As with learning a language, my salvation must also be spoken and practiced daily, even until the day of Christ!

I want to exhort you to continue on in word and in deed.  Give your salvation the highest of priority!  Study the things of God, in light of scripture outside your previous understanding and don't quit!  This is not always an easy process and it requires dedication and determination, but you have a helper, translator, (the Holy Spirit) who will lead you and guide you into all truths!  He will never leave you, nor forsake you!!

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment