Thursday, August 21, 2014

Get Involved!

Many fail to recognize the value of serving in the local church.  Not only can you gain intrinsic benefits or "eternal rewards" (laying up treasures in heaven), but you will also gain practical, real life experience necessary to thrive in the workplace, home, and in all aspects of life.  Serving in the church is not about giving so you can get, as many unconsciously interpret it, as they begin yearning to be seen & praised. 
However, when you do selflessly and lovingly lay down your time & talent to be used of God, in any capacity, you become one who has not just been called, but chosen!  You become a wise steward, who sows & reaps.  You will not only begin to reap the benefits from what you have sown, but you gain access to a spoils which you had no hand in! God will cause even your enemies to begin to bless you! 

I want you to know that out of my personal experience of serving God through my church, I have gained experience and skill sets, knowledge, wisdom & understanding, courage, relentlessness, faithfulness.  I have learned and grown in the areas of how to discern situations, operate in culturally diverse settings, plan, organize and execute events, building maintenance, the list could go on.  Most importantly I've gained a "whatever it takes" attitude, which has been imparted to me through "priceless" mentoring relationships.  I say this not to boast, but to share with you, how great of an opportunity it is to even volunteer in the church.  I had never fully understood how much I've gained over the past few years of volunteering, until asked for experience on a job resume.  If you are a young person, especially.  Get involved with your local church and start volunteering.  Before you know it, you will have broadened your experience and beefed up your resume becoming someone who today's employers will seek out.  God is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment