Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A Committed Work!

What are you passionate about (singing, dancing, playing an instrument, leading others, even; administration, sales, nursing, writing, inventing, helping others, or anything...)?  Is it a holy desire? Was this desire birthed through your relationship with Christ?  Does your fulfillment of these desires involve mere self gratification, or bringing God to glory? 

There is nothing wrong with having personal ambition, as long as it doesn't outweigh our purpose for existence, which is to lift up the name of Jesus.  This is simply becoming a witness for Christ.  Otherwise, all that you do is done in vain.  
John 12:32 says, "And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself." 
I encourage you to put God 1st in all that you do! Through this you will not only succeed, but you will cause others to look to the one who has saved you, delivered you, who daily empowers you to be who be His witnesses, that you may become who He's called you to be!!
Ive carried this scripture in my pocket for 5 years which my motherSandra Shaffer gave to me. It serves me as a daily reminder of how when I commit my works to God He will bless & empower me to prosper, in all that I put my hand to!

When I'm committed to God, His desire becomes my desire.  Therefore, I can't fail!!

No comments:

Post a Comment