Thursday, May 30, 2013

What's in it for me?

You know why psych meds are the number one on the market; and drug abuse, murder, rape, abortion, divorce are at all time high? Because the world lacks true love, and these are perilous times we living in (Romans 3:2).
Transactional love, arms you with a mindset of: What's in it for me?
Many lack true love, because they've had their spiritual eyes blinded by transactional love.
Transactional love, is a temporary fix to an eternal issue. Transactional love is: a condition of mind, body, and spirit which focuses on; self-pleasing and self-seeking desires, behaviors, and attitudes.
Transaction by definition:
1. (Business / Commerce) (in business computing) the act of obtaining and paying for an item or service
2. Communication involving two or more people that affects all those involved; personal interaction.

True love is like the wedding vows: I, "man" take you, "woman" to be my wife I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, for richer, or poorer, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.
True love says, to your parents: I will honor you no matter what all the days of my life.
True love says, I've told you, but now let me show you!
True love says, to your enemy: I will pray for you,
To the naked: I will clothe you,
To the hungry: I will feed you,
To the student: I will teach you.
I could go on and on. These are all biblical examples of love, but the greatest is, John 3:16 For God, so loved the world, that He gave His only Son and whosoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life.
Human beings were created to give and to receive love, but not just any love--true love. Any other kind of love is false. We need that love of Christ! Without this love we are nothing.
These scriptures below reveal the characteristics of this transactional love.
2 Timothy 3:2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
Romans 1:30 slanderers/gossipers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents;

No comments:

Post a Comment